Thursday, July 26, 2012

1993-2012: Rest in peace, my sweet and naughty princess


On Friday, July 20th, Elise, my darling and much beloved 'daughter', developed multifocal neurologic disease while Andrew and i were on vacation with my parents at Glacier National Park. We had to make the horrible decision to euthanize her that night.

It was brutal and agonizing to not be able to hold my darling Princess in my arms as she set off on her last adventure. Her aunt Patti cuddled her close while her aunt Dianne helped her slip free of her mortal coil. I hear could interference over the line each time Elise rubbed her head on the phone while I told her again and again how much she was loved and would be missed.

My heart is shattered and Andrew and I dread returning home to a truly empty house, but we will always be unutterably grateful for Elise's truly happy death in the arms of loving family and friends.

Your thoughts and written support are very welcome, though I would humbly beg that no one speak to me about this loss. It is far, far too soon and the pain too searing.


No comments: