Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I would like to sincerely thank:

Dr. Michael R. Lappin, for his inexhaustible support, friendship, and mentorship.

My colleagues Jennifer Steinberg, Nicole Bennett, Dennis Macy, and Kristy Dowers for their counsel on matters both scientific and real and for their friendship.

Jennifer Hawley, for always being there to say, “This time I just know it’s going to work,” and for being there when it didn’t to help me dust myself off and start again.

My dearest friends, Bill and Kelly Christie and Dave and Nancy Rocknich, for their support and good-natured harassment throughout the years.

My parents, Meredith and Lynda Ramp, and Roland Schneller for all the years of patience and humor.

My late grandmother, Marguerite (Mickey) D. Osburn, for always believing in my strength while worrying about my softness. Together we traveled many roads and collected many stories. I miss her every day and save my stories for our next meeting.

Finally and most specially, my mother, confidante and best friend, Pamela Jo Schneller, for teaching me that I can do whatever I want and be whomever I would like, if only I am willing to try.


The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!), but 'That's funny...'
-Isaac Asimov

1 comment:

magnusmog said...

Dissertation -finished and bound ? That's wonderful. Your acknowledgements brought a lump to my throat, I still miss my grandmother too :)