Wednesday, July 11, 2007

picture pages, picture pages,


Socks and more socks
Originally uploaded by jacquichris
come on get your picture pages.
come on get your crayons and your pencils....

okay, maybe not exactly. i have been slogging away most of the day on grant proposals, guidelines and deadlines. my eyes are shot and my arms cranky so i am not particularly up to typing, but i did want to post some knit updates.

as you can see, i am a bit past halfway there on the two pairs of socks currently in play. impressively, i have managed to not cast more socks on needles.


Mystery stole!
Originally uploaded by jacquichris
the MS3 is coming along quite well. the yarn i picked out is Alpaca with a Twist Fino in 'purple' and i am using US 4s. i am about halfway through the second Clue. i can't imagine that it is true, but the center panel almost looks like a big spider right now! i wasn't sure how i would like the beading but it isn't too much of a pain and adds a nice touch. i haven't done a KAL before and thus far am finding it quite entertaining.

in other news, after a long hiatus, there may be a sweater project on the horizon... i just have to finish one of the pairs of socks first. (three simultaneous projects is my cutoff threshold.)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh for heaven's sake! I can hear that 'picture pages' tune in my head but I couldn't remember which television show it came from. I had to resort to 'the Google'.

Look how busy you've been with the knitting! I should have asked for a laying on of the hands when you were in Seattle so I could be blessed with some of your productivity and speed. Your shawl is looking great!