Monday, February 05, 2007

today is my birthday.

the last few years, bad things have happened on my birthday and although the rational me understands that that does not mean all birthdays will suck, the human part of me was fearful. after a long yesterday spent reflecting on what has been lost and what has been gained these past few years, i was able to approach sleep with some equanimity.

the day broke with a call from my Mom wishing me the best of days, proceeded with joy and laughter and the company of friends, and has ended quite uneventfully. my emotions swing from halting disbelief to a giddy feeling that the dark, dark chapter has finally closed.

i have been quiet of late for so many reasons and know there is much to share, but for tonight i would rather just leave you with this shot of my cake. enjoy!

No comments: