Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The certificate


With the boss
Originally uploaded by jacquichris.
Here is my boss, the inimitable Lappin, handing over my certificate of completion of my residency. It was an exciting moment, in its own way, I suppose. Not that anything really changes, as I will still be here and still be working my tail off. But, in another 3 1/2 weeks, the clinic phase of my residency/PhD program will come to a close and I will focus my time more tightly on research.

Regardless, the last three years have taught me a lot about myself, about veterinary medicine and about life. Lessons I hope to continue to learn from as time goes by.

Today, with the issuance of this certificate, provides an excellent marker against which to measure my growth and evolution as a clinician, a scientist, and an internist.

With love, your Jackie Chris

No comments: